Saturday, August 20, 2011

Daydreams

Amanda Blake's work reminds me of children's book illustration. I like that throughout her work there is repeated imagery that she keeps coming back to, like a certain stance, or two people hugging each other. Looking at her blog I realized I only really like the new stuff she's doing; its much more sophisticated than the work done before. Her older work seemed a little too self-conscious. Trying too hard to be weird. Below are the pieces of hers that I like. I keep coming back to them. Hopefully it'll only get better. I like the perspective and depth in these works. This one reminds me of when Jace and I were visiting TJ and Amanda near Halloween a couple years ago. We went through a haunted corn maze.


Sort of Goodnight Moon vibes. These works are really ripe for inserting your own narrative, and I guess that's what I like most about them.


No comments: